2017 Budget : Here’s you Need to Know what’s Costlier and What’s Cheaper : On Wednesday, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the Union Budget 2017 which the government hailed as ‘path-breaking’ while PM Modi termed it as ‘uttam’ Budget. This is the first time in Indian history of the Budget that Rail and Union Budget was presented on the same day.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, in his speech, said that his proposals on excise and customs duties will not result in any significant loss or gain to the exchequer, the fine print suggests a host of items can become either cheaper or dearer.
List of items that are getting cheaper and dearer below:
- Booking railway tickets online
- POS machines card and fingerprint readers
- Group insurance for Defence services.
- Solar tempered glass used in solar panels
- RO membrane elements for household usage
- Fuel cell based power generating systems
- Vegetable tanning extracts used in making leather products
- Wind operated energy generator
- Aluminum ores and concentrates
- Polymer coated MS tapes used in manufacturing of optical fibres
- Silver coins and medallions
- Printed circuit board used in making mobile phones
- Cigarettes, pan masala, cigar, cheroots, bidis, chewing tobacco
- LED lamp components
- Cashew nuts (roasted and salted)