Headline

BJP MP rides on horse to Parliament as a protest against Delhi Odd-Even scheme

BJP MP rides on horse to Parliament as a protest against Delhi Odd-Even scheme: We usually come across to watch horses on special occasions like marriages, processions and other such celebrations but now it becomes a tool for a BJP MP to protest against the Odd-Even scheme in Delhi.

BJP MP rides on horse to Parliament as a protest against Delhi Odd-Even scheme

It is again proved that the ruling BJP MPs continues to oppose the idea of Odd-Even in Delhi put forward by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to control pollution in the capital city. For the same purpose, BJP MP Ram Prasad Sharma today reached to Parliament on a horse in protest against Delhi Odd-Even car rationing scheme.

In another development, his colleague and BJP MP Vijay Goel arrived in a car and carry out the posters opposing the Delhi Odd-Even scheme.

This car rationing scheme had come in for a penetrating attack in Parliament on Monday with several MPs alleging that it would “generate corruption” and was aimed at “insulting” lawmakers as they are exempted from the scheme to attend Parliament.

The issue was raised during the  zero hour in the Lok Sabha, Rajesh Ranjan, alias Pappu Yadav, argues that the scheme would not help CNG companies and other manufacturing buses and cars and would hardly reduce pollution.

He accused CM of Delhi, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal that he introduced the scheme to gain “cheap popularity”.

Citing to a report by an Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur study, he said cars contribute to only 5% pollution and the Delhi government had failed to manage other issues which contribute to the remaining 95% of pollution.

However, Congress member  Rajiv Shukla arguemented that MPs should be “exempted” from the scheme.

Earlier, it was strongly contested by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member Bhagwant Mann, some Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members were also supported Ranjan’s plea.

In the Rajya Sabha, Naresh Agrawal of Samajwadi Party made a strong pitch for the exemption of MPs from the scheme as has been done for some other sections, a view that found reverberation among most of parties as well as Deputy Chairman of the House P J Kurien.

Going by hammer and tongs against the Delhi government over the move, Agrawal alleged that is was done to “insult” the MPs and wondered why the Centre is “silent” on the issue.

Leader of Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad and Congress Deputy Leader Anand Sharma supported the views saying the scheme comes in the way of discharging their duties.

The second phase of the Odd-Even scheme began on April 15 and it will end on 30th April at end of this month.

Loading...