Click here to know everything about the RBI’s New 500 and 2000 Rs Notes The last 15 hours has been the debate full after the massive step taken from the Prime Minister of India announcing the pulling out the highest currency note of the India INR 500 and 1000 notes. With the ban of these two notes, the RBI has introduced the brand new note of Rs. 500 and Rs. 2000 note.
The Indian government has given the deadline of December 30, 2016, to the people to exchange their old notes for the new ones from the Banks and Post-office. Meanwhile, the people, are being curious to know the every single fact about the brand new notes of India especially after they been revealed by the RBI officials.
The brand new notes looks more attractive in the brand new color itself. However, it does have the features that you must know.
Features of the new bank notes of Rs. 500 denomination, as per the RBI:
- Size of new note is 63mm x 150 mm
2. New Rs. 500 notes are different from the present series in colour, size, theme, location of security features and design elements.
3. The predominant new theme is Indian heritage site – Red Fort.
4. Colour of the note is stone grey.
5. A Nano GPS Technology Chip is Embedded in it.
Features of the new bank notes of Rs. 2000 denomination, as per the RBI:
1. Base colour of note is magenta.
2. Rs. 2,000 notes will be part of Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series.
3. Size of the new note is 66 mm x 166 mm.
4. New Denomination has motif of the Mangalayan on the reverse, depicting the country’s first venture in interplanetary space.
5. Note 2016 has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme.
The people can withdraw the amount from the ATM only after the November 10 and they can only withdraw upto Rs. 4000 and after the 20th November the limit will be increased. Meanwhile, there is no problem in making the online transaction.