Kerala Budget 2016 presented by Finance Minister Thomas Issac : The Finance minister of Kerala Thomas Issac presented the Kerala Budget 2016 in Kerala Assembly on Friday 8th July 2016. The budget presentation was began at 9:00 am in the morning.
The finance minister of Kerala wants to make Kerala a Knowledge centre and boosts of tourism in the state Kerala. The transgenders of the state Kerala find a mention in the Kerala Budget 2016.
Fast foods in Kerala became costly because the tax on fast foods increased by the kerala government. Now everyone ready to eat Chapattis.
There are some following points from the Kerala Budget 2016 presented by LDF- led Government’s Finance Minister of Kerala Thomas Issac:
- Pensions for labourers aged 60 and above.
- All houses will have water supply, electricity and toilets.
- 3 percent land for homeless
- House for everybody in the next five years
- Rs. 20 crores given to School for differently-abled kids and Rs. 10 crore for victims of endosulfan.
- Rs. 450 crores alloted to ST to buy land build house.
- Funds allocated for four-lane roads, GAIL and airport developments.
- Adivasis to get 1 acre land.
- Rs. 100 crore for coconut procurement.
- Pensions of Artist has been increased to Rs. 1000.
- Rs. 50 crore for Sabari rail project.
- Solar panels will be placed at all government’s offices.
- Alapphuza will get a mobility hub.
- Rs. 100 crores alloted to PSUs.
- Rs. 1300 crore boost for IT sector
- Tax revenue will be increased by 25 percent.
- Mobile app to upload bill.
- 20% tax on disposable plastics.
- 14% tax on pizza and burger.
- 2% tax on garments, 5% tax on coconut oil and wheat products in packets.
- Green Tax on old vehicles.
- Good transport vehicles’s tax will be increased by 10%.
- Tourist bus tax has been increased so that the rate of Bengaluru and Chennai bus trip to cost more.
- Rs. 100 crores for safety of farmers from the wild animals attacks.
- Kozhikode PSC will be alloted Rs. 10 crore for conducting online exam.
- Pension for Transgenders aged above 60.
- Rs. 200 crores for Ropeway in Ponmudi.
- Rs. 5000 crores for infrastructure, Rs .385 crore for 17 by-passes in the state and Rs. 2800 crores alloted to construct 138 roads.
- KSRTC buses will be converted to CNG and 1000 buses will ply from Kochi.
- Industrial Part to be set up near NH-47.
- Rs. 100 crore to be alloted to heritage tourism project in Alapphuza and Thalassery.
- Rs. 400 crore alloted to improve the conditions of tourists spot and Rs. 50 crore will be spent this year from it.