LG launches first smartphone with panic button ‘112’ :- LG is the first company which introduce the ‘Panic button” in its smartphone in order to compliance with the government’s initiative to make the “Panic Button” service on mobile phones mandatory from March 2017.
In Wednesday, South Korean electronics conglomerate LG launched – K10 2017 smartphone that comes with the panic button service “112”.
LG Electronics has become the first company to adhere to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) recommendation to have a single number ‘112’ for all emergency calls across the country.
At the launch event, Union IT and Electronics Minister – Ravi Shankar Prasad told media that the panic button, 112, is a great initiative and we must applaud the efforts of LG Electronics who is developing technology for the betterment of the society.
Pankaj Mahindroo who is the Founder and National President, Indian Cellular Association said that the emergency dialling number 112 is the need of the hour. I would like to thank LG for spearheading this noble initiative mandated by the Government of India.
Some features and specifications of LG K10 Smartphone:
- The new smartphone is priced at Rs 13,990.
- The smartphone features 5.3-inch HD in-cell touch display, 1.5GHz octa-core processor paired up with 2GB of RAM.
- It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
- the phone support 4G-VoLTE.
- The new handset has 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera.
- It is powered by a huge battery of 2,800mAh battery.
- The new features is that LG K10 supports the Panic Button.