National Libraries Day 2016 : Quotes Sayings Sms for librarians : National Libraries Day is an annual event in the UK dedicated to the celebration of libraries and librarians. The inaugural event was held on 4 February 2012.
To celebrate National Libraries Day, events including author talks and competitions are organised across the country by local authorities, universities, other providers of library services and local community groups.
Whether you are searching for a great read, specific book for an in-depth research project, audio or video or historical documents from long ago, librarians provide an invaluable service.
In support of the first National Libraries Day, a book was published featuring a number of authors contributing their thoughts on why they think libraries matter. The book features contributions from Alan Bennett, Julian Barnes and Stephen Fry, with all the proceeds going to The Reading Agency to aid their work supporting libraries.
National Libraries Day Quotes Sayings
- When you absolutely positively have to know, ask a librarian! ~ American Library Association
- Librarians are tour-guides for all of knowledge. ~ Patrick Ness
- The most important asset of any library goes home at night – the library staff. ~ Timothy Healy
- Libraries are the bedrock of our society. ~ Yvonne S. Thornton
- Libraries are where it all begins. ~ Rita Dove
- Without libraries what have we? We have no past ad no future. ~ Ray Bradbury
- An original idea. That can’t be too hard. The library must be full of them. ~ Stephen Fry
- Libraries are not made, they grow. ~ Augustine Birrell
- A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams. ~ Doug Wilhelm
National Libraries Day Sms Messages
- When I got my library card, that’s when my life began. ~ Rita Mae Brow
- When I was a child, the public library was the safest, most welcoming, most intriguing place in my world. As an adult, I find it still is. ~ E.E. Kennedy
- When the going gets tough, the tough get a librarian. ~ Joan Bauer
- A library book, I imagine, is a happy book. ~ Cornelia Funke
- Libraries are our friend. ~ Neil Gaiman
- A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life. ~ Henry Ward Beecher