Tibetan New Year (Losar) 2018 Dalai Lama Wishes Messages Images Pics Tashi Delek Quotes :- Well, Losar (New Year) means a lot for the people of Tibet and Bhutan. So the celebration is starting from tomorrow and they going to be celebrate it for 15 days. Yeah people going to celebrate it till 15 days and that mean it going to be more than 2 weeks of celebration. And you can feel the celebration in the air of Tibet.
Tibetan New Year (Losar)
The perfect English meaning of Losar is (Lo means “year” and Sar means “new”) New Year.
Starting date of Losar is – February 16 2018
People of Tibet are very excited for this festival. They are ready to celebrate it in big way. The main celebration held on first three days.
History of Losar –
History is very clear in these celebration people come out on the street and started singing dancing and a lot of thing you can feel the enjoyment in the air. This Losar year is Monkey year. People of Tibet believe on Chinese Zodiac and Monkey is the ninth zodiac which appears in the Chinese calendar and this is also a 12 year cycle calendar of animal that means Monkey Zodiac is coming after 2004.
This not just a New Year festival even it is a biggest festival of Tibet and the people come together to celebrate it. It’s all about the god vs. evil and that festival represents the joy of Tibet people lots of people from all around the world travel there and enjoys this amazing festival.
- Lo Sar Bzang’ denotes ‘Happy New Year’.
- ‘Bkra Shis Bde Legs’ means lucky and fortunate.
- ‘Tashi Delek’ signifies good luck or good fortune.
- The Tibetans use ‘A Ma Bag Gro Sku Khams Bzang’ to wish other people longevity and health.
- The youngsters use ‘Kra Shis Bde Legs Phun Sum Tshogs’ to bless the elder members of the family. This greeting also symbolizes lucky, fortunate and boundless beneficence.
- ‘Gtan Du Bde Ba Thob Par Shog’ is used as a general greeting for conveying a joyous and prosperous new year.
- ‘Lo Sar Bey Tashi Delek’ means ‘I wish you prosperity and good will’.
Losar is also celebrated by a lot of Himalayan Countries like Yolmo, Sherpa, Tamang, Gurung, Bhutia, etc. and certain other Himalayan people although different regions of the Himalayan countries have their own respective New Year celebrations as well. Losar is also celebrated worldwide by the different-2 country people form tomorrow.
We wish all the people who are going to celebrate Losar. We wish that you can enjoy every moment of this festival. It’s not just a new year festival it represent piece and the enjoyment by the people of Tibet.