#UrjaaGanga PM Modi Varanasi Gas Distribution Project Launch on 24th October 2016 :- On Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for an ambitious ‘city gas system’ or Varanasi Gas Distribution Project in his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi on October 24. The main programme will be held at Dereka ground.
An official said that the Rs 1,000-crore scheme is an ambitious piped gas scheme that aims at providing piped gas to all households in the city like as water pipeline.
PM Modi is likely to lay the foundation stone for the UP stretch of the ‘Urja Ganga’ project, which conceives a gas pipeline to Haldia from Jagdishpur.
An official said that the 345-km project proposes to build a main gas pipeline as well as branches connecting the Jagdishpur-Allahabad-Varanasi-Gorakhpur stretch. This pipeline will supply both Fuel Gas and CNG.
In the Uttar Pradesh, only Kanpur, Lucknow, and Bareilly have PNG facilities. Allahabad and Varanasi would also be a part of this network after the completion of Urjaa Ganga project.
- Aimed at providing Piped Natural Gas(PNG) to all the households in Varanasi.
- 800 km long steel MDPI Pipe line to be laid
- 50,000 households and 20,000 vehicles will get PNG and CNG respectively
- 5 lakh gas cylinders to be sent to rural areas annually
- A target of 0.02 MMSCMD gas to be sold
- Rs. 12940 crore for the 2539 km long Jagdishpur – Haldia and Bokaro – Dhamra gas pipe line