World AIDS Day 2016 Theme Slogan Quotes History Activities Poster Images Photos :- World AIDS day is celebrated every year around the world on 1st of December to raise the public awareness about AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome).
AIDS is a killer disease which is caused due to the infection of HIV(Human Immunodeficiency Virus). The day is celebrated by the government organizations, NGOs, civil society and other health officials by organizing the speeches or forums discussion related to the AIDS.
History of AIDS:
The first time World AIDS Day was conceived in the month of August 1987 by Thomas Netter and James W. Bunn. These were two public information officers for the Global Programme on AIDS at the WHO in Geneva, Switzerland. At the first time, World AIDS Day was observed on 1st December 1988. It was believing that the date of 1 December would maximize coverage of World AIDS Day by western news media, sufficiently long following the US elections but before the Christmas holidays.
World Aids Day Quotes and Slogans:
- HIV/AIDS has no boundaries.
- Small aids to individuals, large aid to masses.
- Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS.
- I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was kiss.
- If you judge people you have no time to love them.
- The AIDS is a disease that is hard to talk about.
- I burned out on AIDS and did no AIDS work for a couple of years. I was so angry that people were still getting this disease that nobody can give you – you have to go out and get it!
- My son has died of AIDS.
- Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me.
- You can’t get AIDS from a hug or a handshake or a meal with a friend.
- This AIDS stuff is pretty scary. I hope I don’t get it.
World AIDS Day: Currently, 36.7 Million people are living with HIV around the world. It is our responsibility to bring awareness to individuals and reduce the disease rate in the world.
A simple red ribbon is one of the widely recognised symbols of HIV/AIDS and the people who live with this condition.
See more pics of AIDS Themes, Slogan and Quotes: