Yorkshire Day Quotes Sayings Images Wishes Pictures Messages Photos : Yorkshire Day is celebrated on 1st August and make this day extra special by celebrating with great zeal and happiness. Celebrate all things Yorkshire when the UK’s largest county comes together to indulge in vast quantities of regional pride. Yorkshire was first celebrated in 1975, by the Yorkshire Ridings Society. The date alludes to the Battle of Minden, and also the anniversary of the emancipation of slaves in the British Empire in 1834, for which a Yorkshire MP, William Wilberforce, had campaigned. In this article we have got for you an awesome collection on Yorkshire Day Quotes and images.
Yorkshire Day Quotes Sayings
- “My dad, Donald, was a vet and had a practice in Yorkshire. Cats and dogs were his bread and butter, but his greatest love was large animals.”
- “As a young girl, I was too intent on getting to London and drama school and out of east Yorkshire to think about winning Oscars. I did win a Bafta once, and was so unprepared for it I jabbered on for a minute – a minute too long.”
- “I come from Beverley in East Yorkshire, and no one there would step outside their front door, or even their back door, on a Saturday night – or any other time, for that matter – unless they were dressed to the nines.”
- And roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is my personal signature dish.”
- All anyone really needs to know about barbed wire is that it can tear the arse out of your trousers, give a cow a good fright, entangle a Yorkshire terrier for life, and is nasty stuff made by greedy men.”
- My father was a coal hewer from Goldthorpe, a coal-mining village in South Yorkshire. He played for theYorkshire second team as an opening fast bowler – to me he was a gorgeously heroic man. He helped form a union and closed down the Barnsley seam because it was seeping gas, and saved many, many lives.”
Yorkshire Day Images Pictures
Yorkshire Day Messages Photos
Thank you for visiting this article. We hope this article on Yorkshire Day Quotes Sayings Images Wishes Pictures Messages Photos is being like and appreciated by you. Please do not forget to share this article on social networking sites such as facebook, whatsapp, hike, bbm, wechat, instagram, line, viber, pinterest, stumble upon, twitter etc. You can also provide us with your feedback below the article in the commenting section. Stay connected with us to get more updates on latest news and many more.