Another TMC leader shot dead in Murshidabad on Monday

Another TMC leader shot dead in Murshidabad on Monday: Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader has been shot dead in West Bengal’s Berhampore area of Murshidabad district on Monday. The incident took place just only a few weeks after party MLA Satyajit Biswas was gunned down in the state’s Nadia district.

Trinamool youth leader shot dead in West Bengal’s Murshidabad, party blames BJP

The victim has been identified as TMC Youth area President Naju Seikh. His wife is also a member of the local gram panchayat. Allegedly, he was shot at by unknown miscreants who are not identified yet.

The incident happened on Monday morning in Berhampore when Sheikh was walking in Gopal Ghat when Helmet worn assailants stopped him and shot him in the chest at point-blank range and then ran away with their vehicle.

He got the bullet injuries on his chest and was declared dead when he was brought to the hospital. Some reports say that he died on the spot when the incident took place.

A police team immediately reached the spot of crime and is trying to identify the shooters and the cause for the murder. In the meantime, Sheikh’s body has been sent for an autopsy.

The death tolls of TMC leaders have been rising up as till now three TMC leaders have been killed in the last 12 hours. The two TMC leaders have been killed in South 24 Parganas and one in Murshidabad.

The first incident took place on the evening of 9 February, where TMC legislator Satyajit Biswas was shot dead by anonymous attackers when he was getting off the stage for the duration of a Saraswati Puja event in Nadia. Biswas was the appreciated leader amongst the Matuas, which is a politically subtle community for both the TMC and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

TMC president Gourishankar Dutta had blamed BJP and followers of BJP for the murder. Mukul Roy was also among the five who were retained in association with the case. The police filed an FIR on 10 February and also detained two of the four suspects, as well Roy.

Though, Roy filed a preventive bail application on 12 February before the Calcutta High Court, claiming that he had been dragged into this case due to political agenda.

Two days after the murder of Trinamool Congress MLA Satyajit Biswas, one more party leader in West Bengal, was found dead at Dadpur in Hooghly district on Monday morning.

The next victim was Ritesh Roy, who was the TMC president of three gram panchayat samitis in Kanthi in the Purba Medinipur district. Ritesh had been missing since February 7. His wife Mahua Roy said that he left his house on February 7 at Chandberia village in Purba Medinipur saying he was going to Kolaghat in the same district, but 9 pm at night he called up and said that he was going to Malda with his friend.

The police found the dead body and has sent the body for autopsy. A deep black mark was found around his neck, which make the possibility for the police that he has been strangled to death using a rope.

The three deaths within few weeks are giving the suspect of big conspiracy. The investigation is going on the police is searching for the suspects. In the meantime the body of TMC Youth area President Naju Seikh has been sent for the examination.