Assam Final NRC List 2019: 3.11 Crore People In The List, How To Check Your Name :-0 The final National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam has been published today on August 31, 2019. A total of 3,11,21,004 people have been included in the final NRC list.
Assam Final NRC List 2019 Live Updates
As total of 19,06,657 people including those who did not submit their claims have been left out. Prateek Hajela, State Coordinator of NRC, said, “Those not satisfied with the outcome can file an appeal before Foreigners Tribunals.”
The NRC is said to be including the names of all Indian citizens who have been residing in Assam before March 25, 1971. Earlier, the final draft was published on July 30, 2018 at all NRC Seva Kendra (NSK) across the state, which created huge controversy over the exclusion of 40.7 lakh people from it. The draft list included the names of 2.9 crore people out of the total 3.29 crore applications.
People are eligible to check their final NRC status only if they have:
1) Submitted a claim upon not being included in the final draft list (published on 30 July, 2018)
2) Were excluded in the Additional Draft Exclusions List (published on 26 June, 2019)
3) Had any objection filed against their inclusion
4) Were called for hearings held from 5 July, 2019 onward
Public who are included in final NRC and may not check their application status if they are:
1) Included in the final Draft list
2) Not excluded in Additional Draft Exclusions List,
3) Not called for hearings held from 5 July, 2019 onwards.
Steps to check your name in the National Register of Citizens list:
Check Assam NRC list offline:
You can visit your NRC Seva Kendra, office of Circle Officer or Office of Deputy Commissioner to check the names in the supplementary inclusion list on all working days from 10 am to 4 pm.
Check Assam NRC List 2019 online:
- Log on to the websites: nrcassam.nic.inor www.assam.mygov.in
- Check on the link that says, “Supplementary Inclusions/Exclusions Lists (Final NRC) status”
- Enter your Application Reference Number (ARN) to check if your name has been added to the final NRC list.
Note: After August 31, 2019 online facility will reflect the result of any change in status from Complete Draft NRC for claimants/ objectees/ any member included in Draft but were called for any hearing held on or after 5 July 2019 4.
From 7th September 2019, the status of all NRC applicants will be available online.