Technology has touched every aspect of human life, as inventions and machines have made life and work easier and hassle-free. Moreover, with the advent of computers and associated programs, human beings can create specific applications and tools to simplify their lives further.
Computers and Humans
Humans can communicate with each other using the World Wide Web. They can also create software to perform tasks that earlier required human skill and mind. For example, today, artificial intelligence can think and solve problems like a normal human being but with higher efficiency.
Since computers have become a mainstay in every aspect of human life, it is necessary to train and educate students. Each student needs to learn and understand the anatomy of a computer and how various components function to create an application. Several educational institutes provide professional degrees that impart education on computer software and hardware.
Getting the Right Education
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is an educational qualification which provides necessary skills to an individual. With this course, the student can understand, learn, and even create new computer software, applications, and hardware. It is an undergraduate degree that equips an individual, making them capable of understanding programming languages and other aspects of fully functional computer software.
Eligibility Details for the B.Tech Computer Science Course
It is a professional 4-year graduate degree that requires perseverance and determination. The student should:
- Have cleared his 12th standard examination from recognised education board.
- Should have studied English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects
- Should have studied the following as optional subjects: Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or other technical optional subject offered by the board.
- Should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Maths and any one of the optional subjects
- Appear for the Joint entrance test (JEE) – marks obtained in the JEE help students make the cut-off list of premium and elite academic institution.
The 4-year graduate degree is divided into eight semesters where students study certain compulsory subjects to develop fundamental as well as in-depth knowledge about computers software, hardware and related processes.
Students are regularly evaluated based on their performance in exams conducted by the institution.
They are required to go through lab work, projects, Viva, theory paper, and even a research project throughout the course period. Their performance in all such projects will be graded and added to the final score.
Students who cannot join a full-time course can opt for distance learning programs. Interested candidates can earn their undergraduate degree by joining online or remote classes. They are required to give their exams at the designated centres and earn their degree.
After their undergraduate degree, students can pursue M.Tech, i.e. Masters in Computer Science and even PhD. It will further improve their career prospects and help them in gaining better insights.
During the undergraduate program, the students select one elective subject, which will act as the major in which the individual is specialising.
Most Popular Course Specialisations
A B.Tech Graduate has a host of specialisation options. But, the two most popular ones are Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence. In the 21st century, these are the two most lucrative fields.
Information in the 21st century is not secure. Machine to machine interaction makes it easier than ever before for professional hackers to enter a private or public network.
The course matter teaches students the:
- importance of cybersecurity,
- backdoors set up programmers that allow hackers to enter a network, and
- skills required to test a network’s security, identify vulnerabilities and offer solutions
The term used for such specialisation is ethical hacking. Students can learn to prevent such attacks and create antivirus software that will help the organisations protect their data.
As the name suggests, the field is helping machines across the world develop intelligence that is equivalent to, or higher to, a human mind. It allows for machine-to-machine interaction without human intervention. Artificial intelligence is a much-in-demand technology utilised by every major company using information technology to improve their processes and products. B. Tech Computer Science graduates can get enough knowledge through the course to land a job in this field.
Job Prospects on Completing the Course
A fresh graduate can expect a prestigious job in any computer software or hardware company.
Increasing demand for better customer satisfaction by several companies has made this degree the most sought after by the students.
Science professionals are high in demand for creating robust and disruptive software solutions. A B. Tech Graduate has excellent career prospects and can take up the following jobs or roles within an organisation:
- Software engineer/developer
- Computer Programmer
- Data analyst – an individual has given the knowledge to generate actionable information and intelligence from data which impact several critical decisions for the organisation
- Application developer
- Hardware and network engineer
- Web developer
- Network analyst
- Information security specialist
- Machine learning specialist
The most popular global hub is the Silicon Valley in the USA, but there several opportunities within India. Future technologies are dependent on the skill of computer science specialists, which can be acquired by getting admission to a prestigious college or university.
Which University to Join?
BML Munjal University is one of the leading university in India that offers a B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering course to its students. A Hero Group initiative, the BML Munjal University is one of the most prestigious and highly ranked institutions. Students are given both practical and theoretical knowledge regarding computer processes and applications.
What they offer:
They are also provided with world-class facilities and tools to become leaders. With its professionally curated curriculum and experienced teachers, BML Munjal University equips the students to land the best jobs in the industry or become tech entrepreneurs.
- Provides advanced tools, equipment, computer systems, access to labs, and other facilities, which help them gain practical knowledge in the field
- Encourages creative thinking
- Excellent management skills are taught
- Given an opportunity to work with industry leaders
- Gain first-hand experiences regarding the challenges faced by an IT professional and ways to overcome them.
Students must submit their applications with the university for gaining admission. Get the minimum percentage required to clear the JEE exam. Getting admission in BMU university can open doors to more excellent prospects in life.