World

CIA concluded Saudi’s crown prince in personally killing Jamal Khashoggi

CIA concluded Saudi’s crown prince in personally killing Jamal Khashoggi: On Friday, the US media reported that Saudi’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is concluded behind the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) reports. The Saudi government turned down the conclusion. It acquitted the involvement of the prince in the brutal murder. Recently, The US assessment has denied the decisions of Saudi prosecutors.

According to a Saudi Embassy spokeswoman who said in a statement, “the claims in this purported assessment are false. We have and continue to hear various theories without seeing the primary basis for these speculations.” According to the senior US officials, the investigators also believe that the operation which ended in Khashoggi’s death would not have happened without Bin Salman’s knowledge.

“The murder of Jamal Khashoggi was an atrocity. It was also an affront to a free and independent press and the United States is determined to hold all of those accountable who are responsible for that murder,” Said Mike Pence, Vice President.

Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi Arabian journalist, author, and a former general manager and editor-in-chief of Al-Arab News Channel, went missing in October after he visited a consulate to obtain documents of the marriage that he and his fiancée were planning. Khashoggi had been critical of Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammad bin Salman, and the country’s king, Salman of Saudi Arabia. He also opposed the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen.

According to the Wahington post, the CIA analysed a phone call to Khashoggi which was made by prince’s brother ‘Khalid Bin Salman’, was on the command of his brother. But Khalid denied these allegations and said that last time he contacted Khashoggi was through text and that too in the year 2017. Khalid claimed through his twitter account that, “As we told the Washington Post the last contact I had with Mr. Khashoggi was via text on Oct 26 2017.”

“I never talked to him by phone and certainly never suggested he go to Turkey for any reason. I ask the US government to release any information regarding this claim,” he added.

In reference to this case, Turkey provided an audio recording from inside the Saudi consulate and a phone call placed from inside the consulate after Khashoggi was killed. CIA has examined the audio recording.

According to a Saudi prosecutor, Khashoggi was killed due to an argument which followed into a fight, inside the consulate. His body was dismembered and removed from the consulate by five men. The CIA is yet not able to locate the Khashoggi’s remains.

The murder of the Journalist has created a crisis for the trump’s administration and has targeted the relation between Mohammad Bin Salman and Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner.

Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor, on Thursday said in an interview that he was looking for the death penalty for some of the accused charged with Khashoggi’s murder.