Fire in Cricketer Sreesanth’s Kochi Residence, No Injuries Reported :- A major fire broke out at the residence of cricketer S. Sreesanth in the early hours on Saturday. However, no one was injured, the officials said. Reportedly, the Kerala fast bowler, Sreesanth was not at home when the house caught fire. His wife, children and two helpers were present at the Edapally residence when the fire broke out at around 2 a.m.
Fire breaks out at Sreesanth’s House
Detecting the fire and the smoke emanating from the residence, an alert neighbour immediately called fire officials who doused the fire and evacuated those present inside the house by breaking open a glass ventilator. No casualities were reported, however, a room was completely gutted in the blaze.
Meanwhile Sreesanth has also confirmed that the fire broke out in the drawing room in the ground floor while his wife and children were on the first floor.
Reportedly, it is believed that a short circuit in a ceiling fan might be the cause of the fire. The family has been moved out of the house and is awaiting the arrival of Sreesanth.
Earlier, Sreesanth’s life ban was reduced to seven years by the BCCI ombudsman which allows the fast bowler to play cricket after the year 2020. Talking on the same, Sreesanth said, “I am a huge fan of Leander Paes to start with. For his age and fitness, he is showing the way (even) right now. So I should not give up. Even at 38, Ashish Nehra played the World T20 . I am only 36. So I still have another year to make the comeback. I don’t think age is a factor.”
However, he has also pointed out that the journey back will not be easy as he has not bowled in the last six to seven years and his body is not yet ready to bear the brunt.