Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2020 concluded yesterday. The examination was conducted by the Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT) on February 1, 2, 8 and 9 for 25 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. IIT Delhi would soon release the official answer keys for the examination. All the candidates who appeared for the GATE 2020 examination can check the answer keys on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitd.ac.in.
GATE 2020 Expected Cut-off
Reportedly, the GATE 2020 answer keys are expected to be released by February 20, 2020, while the results would be announced on March 20, 2020.
According to the official notice, qualifying in GATE 2020 is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to (i) Master’s programmes and direct Doctoral programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programmes in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Steps to check GATE 2020 answer keys:
- Log on to the official website of GATE 2020, gate.iitd.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link which says “GATE 2020 answer keys”
- Select the paper you appeared for
- Click on submit
- GATE 2020 answer keys will be displayed on the screen
- Download it and take a print out of the same for future reference.
Paper-wise expected cut-offs for GATE 2020:
- GATE 2020 Civil Engineering: The cut-off is expected to around 28-30.
- GATE 2020 Computer Science: The cut-off is expected to around 25.
- GATE 2020 Electrical Engineering 2020: The cut-off is expected to range between 24-26.
- GATE 2020 Mechanical Engineering 2020: It is expected that the cut-off will reduce as compared to the last year.
Candidates must note that the GATE 2020 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.