Kolkata Kinight Rider more popular than Manchester United F.C. :- BCCI (Board of Control of Cricket in India) has announced the net worth of their t20 league tournament. According to the reports of BCCI, Indian Premier League (IPL) has the net worth of around $4.5 billion (about Rs 27,000 crore).
The net worth is estimated valuation appraisal firm Duff & Phelps last year. IPL was introduced way back in the year 2008 and since then, it has been the dominating t20 leagues in the world.
So, its popularity is not hidden from anyone. Even, President of BCCCi, Anurag Thakur has claimed that IPL’s popularity is rising every year and since 2014, the followers of IPL on Twitter grew by 300%, and it makes it the fastest growing sporting league on the social media.
This billion dollar tournament is improving its status, and we have brought the several facts about the Indian Premier League.
1. At 300%, it is recording the fastest growth on Twitter amongst the top sports leagues in the world.
2. In 2015, the league’s brand worth was $4.5 billion (Rs 27,000 crores).
3. The total TV viewership of IPL 2016 calculated by impressions stood at 102 crores.
4. The impact of the last year’s tournament on the Indian economy was Rs 1,150 crores, more than 0.6 percent of the country’s GDP.
5. The event’s internet viewership has hit the 100 million mark – this reach is 1.6% more than TV.
But, the biggest achievement for IPL and the cricketing world is that IPL is now giving competition to the Football League. According to the survey, the popularity of Kolkata Knight Riders is raising by 300 % which is far better than the football team Manchester United.
Kolkata Knight Riders are owned by the Bollywood superstar Mr. Shah Rukh Khan. It is has been one of the successful team of IPL as it is two times IPL championship.
IPL is making its name, and recently BCCI floated the open tender for the media right for ten years and digital rights for five years of IPL. Star Sports Network and Sony has applied for it. Even, e-commerce site Amazon has also filled the tender for it.