Street Rape Case: Four Years On, Main Accused Kader Khan Arrested In Delhi NCR

Street Rape Case: Four Years On, Main Accused Kader Khan Arrested In Delhi NCR :- After the four years of infamous Park Street gang rape case, the prime accused Kader Khan has been arrested by the Kolkata Police from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.


In a joint operation with Delhi Police, a special team of Kolkata Police arrested Kader along with his accomplice Ali Khan from their hideout in an apartment in Ghaziabad last night, the police officer said.

According to the sources – Kolkata Police said that the duo would be brought to the city on transmit remand and likely be produced at a local court on Saturday.


The victim, a mother of two, was gang raped on 6th February, 2012 by five men who had offered to drop her home from a night club at city’s Park Street area.

The officer said that accused Kader Khan was absconding since the incident. Acting on a tip off that Kader, sleuths of Kolkata Police started tracking his mobile calls.

Soon after he was located somewhere near New Delhi, sleuths started zeroing on him.

On the instruction of Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar, a special team was formed to nab the main accused Kader khan.

Adding that Kader had rented the apartment in Ghaziabad under a psuedo name, the officer said that we had information that Khan has returned to the country and was having regular interaction with his family members in Kolkata over phone. We started tracking their numbers and found that calls from a particular number from Ghaziabad were made. We started tracking it and found that it was Kader.

Kader Khan was hiding in neighbour country – Bangladesh and after running out of cash he returned to Delhi through Nepal.


An IPS Officer said that after keeping him under surveillance for almost a week, a joint team of Kolkata police and Delhi Police team raided his hideout last night and arrested him.

A few days later when the victim filed her complaint, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had termed the incident as “sajano ghatana” (fabricated case), triggering a controversy.

The then Kolkata Police Joint Commissioner (crime) – Damayanti Sen had pursued the case and identified the five accused. But later, She was shunted out from her post.

Three of the five accused were arrested and two including prime accused Kader Khan absconded.

Nine months after the victim died of meningitis in March 2015, the sessions court of city had convicted the accused persons Sumit Bajaj, Naser Khan and Ruman Khan and sentenced them to 10 years rigorous imprisonment.