Teen from Haridwar killed in a bomb blast at Jammu bus stand

Teen from Haridwar killed in a bomb blast at Jammu bus stand: A man allegedly threw a grenade at a bus that was standing at the Jammu bus stand on Thursday. The convict has been arrested. The person who threw grenade over the bus has been identified as 17-year-old Yasir Bhatt. Yasir Bhatt is a resident of Kulgam in south Kashmir. According to the Jammu IGP Manish K Sinha, Yasir has been working for Hizbul Mujahideen and had been take to bomb the Jammu bus stand.

17-yr-old Shariq killed in Jammu bus stand blast had gone to earn a living and support family

Manish K Sinha said in a press conference, “Teams were constituted to work on leads, CCTV camera footage examined, and based on oral testimony of witnesses we were able to identify a suspect. He was detained, his name is Yasir Bhatt, he has confessed to the crime.” He added, “Yasir Bhatt was tasked to throw this grenade by District Commander of Hizbul Mujahideen in Kulgam, Farooq Ahmed Bhatt alias Omar.”

30 people were injured in this attack and one out of them succumbed to his injuries. After the attack, the victims were rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital. The deceased has been identified as 17-year-old Mohammad Sharik. According to the report of IGP Jammu, Sharik had been in Jammu for 1 day and was there to learn tailoring to help his family. Mohammad Sharik was a resident of Haridwar, Uttarakhand.

The blast took place during the day time in which 30 people were injured and among them, three to four were critically injured.

Thirty people were injured, three to four among them critically, in a powerful grenade blast around noon at the busy Jammu Bus Stand in the heart of the old city here on Thursday.

The Deputy Commissioner straight away rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) to see whether the victims are getting proper treatment or not. The people who were injured were bus drivers, conductors and commuters nearby.

A police officer told the reporters, “We are working on all the leads. We are collecting the evidence and will hunt down the perpetrators.”

A senior police officer said, “Obviously the intention is always to disturb communal peace and harmony…. We are sure to hunt them down.”

A witness Rakesh Kumar said, “There was a big explosion in a bus and the impact was so powerful that the windscreens of three to four other buses were also smashed. Many people were injured but there were three to four persons, who were critically injured. You can see their blood on the spot. There was total chaos and panic after the explosion as people ran to safety. We didn’t rush to the injured fearing a second explosion because a strange noise was coming from the bus on which the grenade was planted. We waited for some time and then went to their rescue. There was no police at the time of the incident.”