Whether it was the yummy tandoori chicken or the cup of water you had at that dodgy restaurant, it’s quite difficult to zero down the thing that caused food poisoning. The real issue right now is that food poisoning has struck you and it’s time to make yourself healthy again.
Healthy Habits for Faster Recovery
Food poisoning usually occurs due to improper and unhygienic eating habits. Thus, let us begin by informing about healthy habits you should adopt. These will not just help you avoid food poisoning, but also help you get well soon.
- Keep Your Hands Clean
Proper hand washing has proved to effectively protect one from diseases like food poisoning. It keeps the germs at bay and helps you lead a healthy life. Thus, regular handwashing with either soap or Dettol Hand Wash should be adopted.
Moreover, wash your hands with Dettol Hand Sanitizer for at least 15-20 seconds to get rid of all the harmful germs. In case you are outside and water is unavailable, you can also use Dettol Hand Sanitizer to maintain hand hygiene.
- Handle Raw Food Carefully
Raw vegetables, meat, and poultry products have known to be some of the products that lead to food poisoning. Therefore, make sure you wash them well before cooking. Even if you have stored them in the refrigerator, keep the temperature between 0ºC and 4ºC. Moreover, try to segregate raw foods from cooked ones and wash your utensils thoroughly.
- Cook Properly
Another important thing to ensure is that food is cooked properly. This will kill the germs and bacteria that might worsen your situation and slow down your food poisoning treatment.
Read about the habits? Well, it’s time to learn about home remedies that can naturally cure your food poisoning. If you wish to get better soon, go and try these fixes now:
- Ginger: Known for its therapeutic effects, ginger offers instant relief from nausea and vomiting. Not just this, it also aids in digestion. Whether you drink ginger tea, have its juice with honey or just swallow its raw pieces; as ginger can be consumed in many ways.
- Bananas: As they are light and easy to digest, they are best to cure food poisoning. Eat one or two bananas at least a day. If you can’t move to solid food, try making a yummy banana shake.
- Honey: Thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, honey has the potential to fights germs and bacteria in your body. You consume it simply by having a teaspoon of pure honey three times a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is the alkaline effect of apple cider vinegar that makes it useful in treating food poisoning. Consume it by adding 2-3 teaspoons in hot water before any meal.
- Garlic: It also has antipyretic and cardiac properties, which make it a good digestive agent. You can simply swallow a clove of garlic to boost your food poisoning treatment.
- Lemon: Its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties help in killing the bacteria that cause food poisoning. Just sip its juice with warm water or add a pinch of sugar in lemon juice and drink it 2-3 times a day.
Things to Avoid
Healthy habits? Check. Home remedies? Check. Time has come for you to know about things that should be avoided if you have food poisoning. Here’s the list:
- Dairy Products like milk, curd, or butter
- Raw Meat
- Fizzy Drinks
- Spicy food
Food poisoning is a terrible thing. However, if you follow the right steps, take preventive measures and most importantly follow hygienic habits; you can recover from it in no time. So, start your effective food poisoning treatment from today onwards and become healthy soon.