Tokyo: Japanese woman suffers burns after her fart triggers fire mid-surgery

Tokyo: During  a surgical procedure in Tokyo, a Japanese woman in her mid-thirties was left seriously burnt after she parted wind during the procedure, igniting a laser. As per the reports that the incident took place in Tokyo Medical University Hospital.


The name and identity of woman has not been disclosed yet. The woman was undergoing a laser surgery on her cervix, when she ended up farting, thus igniting the laser.

Due to the accident, the woman suffered with serious burns, including her leg and waist.

This accident happened  in the month of April this year. This accident came to light after a medical panel released a report on the affair recently. A medical panel constituted to look into the case. The report categorically states that no other inflammable substance was present in the operation theatre.