UGC Recruitment 2018 for Junior Consultant posts Application, dates & Apply at ugc.ac.in: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a notification on their official website for the release of recruitment applications for the Junior Consultant posts for distance education bureau on a contract basis. The interested candidates can apply for the post through their official website, before 30th November 2018.
UGC recruitment 2018: Application for Junior Consultant posts closes on November 30
About UGC (University Grants Commission)
- UGC (University Grants Commission) is a legislative organisation, which was started by the Union government according to UGC Act in 1956, under Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Its headquarters is in New Delhi, and its regional centres are located in 6 places in India such as Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Bangalore.
- UGC is charged with direction, determination and conservation of principles and standards of higher education in India.
- The main objective of UGC is to provide acknowledgement to the Indian universities and it also offer funds to such renowned universities/colleges.
UGC Recruitment 2018: Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates must fulfil all these following eligibility criteria in order to apply for Junior Consultant posts.
- Age Limit
The maximum age limit for applying for UGC Junior Consultant post 2018 should be 35 years on last date of submission of application.
- Education Qualification
- Interested candidates must be an Indian or of an Indian origin.
- Candidates must carry passing certificate of 10th and 12th from a recognised school/university and also carry a certificate of Post Graduate from a renowned University with minimum percentage of 55.
- Candidate might be at the rank of an Assistant Professor or an educational officer of Corresponding level.
- Candidate must have capability to work under various circumstances as well as multi-function ability
- Rather with broad knowledge of Distance Education/Online Education accessible in the country
- Well experienced in use of computers including MS-Office, Excel, Use of internet, etc.
UGC Recruitment 2018: Vacancy Details
Post: Junior Consultant
Job Location: University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi
Functions: Junior Consultant for Distance Education Bureau (DEB)
Total No. of Vacancies: 8 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 40,000 – 50,000/- per month.
UGC Recruitment 2018: Duties of junior consultant
The duties of junior consultant may involve some of the following duties:
- a) Helping the Commission in managing academic and administrative work associated to Distance Education in Higher Education Institutes and Schools of Open Learning in the terms with the Guidelines and applicable procedures.
- b) Helps in observing Universities/Institutions programs which are offering in distance education approach
- c) Looking after the data associated to release of allowance and other related programs concerning SOUs and DEIs
UGC Recruitment 2018: Important Dates
Online Application Form: Last Date for Submission- 30th November 2018
Hard Copy of Application Form: Last Date for Submitting- 7th December 2018
UGC Recruitment 2018: Important Notes
The eligible candidates can apply for the post before 30th November 2018, directly through the official website, ugc.ac.in.
After submitting the application form through online, candidates are required to send the hard copy of the application before 7th December 2018, to the following address:
Deputy Secretary (Admin), Room No 326, University Grants Commission (UGC) Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002.