Winner List of ICC Awards 2018: Virat Kohli becomes first player to win 3 ICC Awards: On Tuesday, in the gala ceremony in Dubai, Virat Kohli was declared the ICC Cricketer of the Year, ICC Test Player of the Year and the ICC ODI Player of the Year. This is the first time ever in the history of ICC Awards that a single player got all those awards at same time.
- Kohli has become the first player in history to win ICC Cricketer of the Year, ICC Test and the ODI Player of the Year awards.
- India won six Tests and lost seven during the voting period that ran from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
- In ODIs, Kohli led India to nine victories, with four losses and one tied match.
Winner List of ICC Awards 2018
Today, through this article we are going to provide you the full list of awards, so, let’s have a look……
- This time the ultimate winner of the ICC Awards was Virat Kohli, who won three awards and the awards were:
Award 1: ICC Cricketer of the Year
Award 2: ICC Test Player of the Year
Award 3: ICC ODI Player of the Year
- The ICC Emerging Player of the Year was awarded to Rishabh Pant.
He is a very talented player and also displayed that he could bat in a different ways and with the passage of time his skills are developing more better and clean.
- ICC Umpire of the year was awarded to Kumar Dharmasena
The Umpire of the Year was voted by international captains and ICC Match Referees, where Kumar Dharmasena was handed over this title.
“It has been a very satisfying year for me and this award from the ICC is a great honour and privilege. This comes six years after I was first named for the award and will inspire me to keep doing the job I love so much. I have always been passionate about cricket, both as a player and an umpire and look forward to keep working hard and challenging myself in order to meet the demands of this great game.” Dharmasena said after winning the award.
- The ICC Spirit of Cricket was awarded to Kane Williamson
Kane Williamson after winning the award, said,”We are all ambassadors of this game, so playing in the right spirit, those sorts of characteristics are really important even at the highest level. It is a nice award. It is important for us as a group that we keep looking to do better in all areas, and one of those areas is to continue playing the game in the right way, as how we see it being right.”
- ICC Fans Moment was awarded to India winning the U-19 World Cup
In early 2018, India beat Australia by 8 wickets to arise winners in the ICC U-19 World Cup which was observed in New Zealand.
- The ICC Men’s T20I performance was awarded to Aaron Finch
Aaron Finch after winning the title, remembered the knock and said, “It was just one of those days that things seemed to go my way, so it was nice to break my own record and get a 172. After I got a hundred and I started to middle consistently, that is when I knew it was going to be a big one. It all happened pretty quick”.
- The ICC Associate Player of the Year was awarded to Calum MacLeod
After receiving the title MacLeod said “It is a huge honour to win the ICC Associate Player of the Year award. It has been a really special year for me personally. I thank the ICC, Cricket Scotland, my team-mates and all the fans to making it a year I won’t forget.”