World Book and Copyright Day 2019 Theme, Quotes, Facts, Slogan, Images & Pictures: World Book Day which is also popularly known as the World Book and Copyright Day, or International Day of the Book is celebrated every year on April 23 in order to celebrate the importance of Books and reading. This year in 2019, the event is going to celebrate on April 23, Tuesday.
World Book and Copyright Day 2019
This yearly event is organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in order to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. Initially, the World Book Day was held on 23 April 1995, and lasts to be documented on that day. A related occasion in the United Kingdom as well as Ireland is held in the month of March.
History of World Book Day
The innovative idea of World Book Day was originally of the Valencian writer Vicente Clavel Andrés on 7 October as an approach to tribute the author Miguel de Cervantes, which was also Miguel’s birth date. After, the date was then moved on 23 April, his death date.
The UNESCO in the year 1995 have decided that the World Book and Copyright Day is going to be held on 23 April, as the date has also additional importance such as the death anniversary of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, as well as that of the birth or death of few other well-known authors.
World Book Day Images & Photos
HE THEME OF WORLD BOOK DAY AND COPYRIGHT DAY
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2018 is “Share A Story”.#ShareAStory
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2017 was “National Treasures”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2016 was “a book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2015 was “Discover the World”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2014 was “Read Books and be Smart”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2013 was “Publishing, reading and saving of the Secret property through Copyright”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2012 was “Modification and Books”.
- The theme of World Book Day in the year 2011 was “Rising of the Production of the Books to the Digital from the Writing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2010 was “Cultural Approach from the International years”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2009 was “Improvement of the Qualitative Education and the Connection between the Human Rights and Publishing”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2008 was “Languages International year”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2007 was “Reading is Beneficial”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2006 was “Lives changed by the Literacy”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2005 was “Forever for Reading”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2004 was “Non-Stop Journey: Reading”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2003 was “Life makes the Friends”.
- The theme for World Book Day in the year 2002 was “Hourly Happy”.
- The Theme for World Book Day in the year 2001 was “Provide a Book”.
- The Theme for World Book Day in the year 2000 was “Reading is refreshing”.
Significance of World Book Day
With the advancement of technology and time, people started forgetting about the value of books and reading therefore World Book Day is the most important celebration of its kind. The key objective of the day is to celebrate authors, books, illustrators as well as reading. The day also helps to encourage young people to do the same, book tokens are given out at schools, involving a number of nurseries as well as secondary schools.
World Book and Copyright Day Inspirational Quotes
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. –Maya Angelou
“One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.” – Carl Sagan
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. –Dr. Seuss
It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between. –C.S. Lewis
“Books to the ceiling, Books to the sky, My pile of books is a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I’ll have a long beard by the time I read them.” – Arnold Lobel
So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall. – Roald Dahl
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you. – Mortimer J. Adler
We are of opinion that instead of letting books grow moldy behind an iron grating, far from the vulgar gaze, it is better to let them wear out by being read. – Jules Verne
“I have a passion for teaching kids to become readers, to become comfortable with a book, not daunted. Books shouldn’t be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader gives a terrific advantage.” – Roald Dahl
“It’s not that I don’t like people. It’s just that when I’m in the company of others – even my nearest and dearest – there always comes a moment when I’d rather be reading a book.” – Maureen Corrigan
“There is nothing more luxurious than eating while you read—unless it be reading while you eat.” – E. Nesbit