Happy World Poetry Day 2019 Quotes Messages Wishes SMS Sayings Images Pics :- Many people around the world celebrate World Poetry Day on 21st March each year. The government, community groups and individuals gets involved in participating the day.In the 20th Century, the world celebrated it on 15 October, the birthday of Virgil, the Roman epic poet. The tradition to keep an October date for national poetry day celebrations still holds in many countries.It is 5 October in the UK.Poetry speaks to our humanity and our shared values, transforming the simplest poems into a powerful catalyst for dialogue as well as peace.
World Poetry Day is an opportunity for teens to be introduced to poetry in classrooms. It is a time when classes are busy with lessons related to poetry, in which students tells about poets and learn about various types of poetry.
Poetry Day Quotes:
- “Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.” — William Shakespeare
- “The Poetry of the earth is never dead.” — John Keats
- “Years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute.” — Edgar Allen Poe
- “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origins from emotion recollected in tranquillity.” — William Wordsworth
- “Love recognises no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” — Maya Angelou
- “Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.” — Sylvia Plath
- “There is no Frigate like a book to take us lands away nor any courses like a page of prancing Poetry.” — Emily Dickenson
- am two fo”I ols, I know, For loving, and for saying so in whining poetry.” — John Donne
- “An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.” — Langston Hughes
- “The greater gift of universal wisdom and beauty that we have strived to honour through our work includes the legacies of world artistic and spiritual traditions.”
- “Poetry is the revolution and the raising of consciousness”
- “Poetry is something best words in the best order”
Poetry Day Wishes Pictures
Because poetry is marvellous. It’s pure form of emotion and truth. And no matter where you are, there’s always a poem out that will touch you. Poets are invited to write, read and share their work to audiences at bookstores, cafes, universities as well as schools.
Awards and other recognition are made to honour poets and their work. Exhibitions and poetry evenings are also be held to showcase the work of various poets on 21st March to unite with World Poetry Day.
There is an important role of poetry in art and culture throughout the world. The day also focused on promoting a return to the oral tradition of recitals as well as strengthening between poetry and other forms of expression, such as dance, music and painting.