Canadian PM Justin Trudeau condemns terrorist attack at Quebec Mosque; at least six killed :- Quebec: On Sunday evening, At least six persons were killed and several people wounded in an attack on a mosque in the Canadian city of Quebec. Two suspects in the shooting were arrested.
The shooting took place during evening prayers at the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center. As per the report that when the incident took place, around 40 people were present inside the mosque.
On Monday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned a Quebec City shooting as a “terrorist attack” after gunmen opened fire at a mosque there, killing at least five.
Trudeau said that we condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge. Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, city and country.
As per the witnesses cited by Radio-Canada, two men entered the centre and opened fire on the people inside the mosque.
In a series of Twitter, the Prime Minister of Quebec – Philippe Couillard said that the government was mobilised to ensure the security of the people of Quebec. Quebec categorically rejects this barbaric violence. Solidarity with Quebec people of Muslim faith.
The Islamic Cultural Center of Quebec is also known as the grand mosque of Quebec. It had already been the target of hate: a pig`s head was left on the doorstep last June during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
The attack comes as Canada has vowed to open its arms wide to Muslims and refugees after US President Donald Trump`s controversial immigration ban Friday sparked travel chaos and outrage around the world.