Republic Day Parade 2018: The List of ASEAN Leaders Invited by PM Modi to January 26th Event: – Republic Day 2018 is all set to rejoice by the all leaders of all ten Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) nations. On December 31st the Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ radio programme where Narendra Modi had said about the Republic Day.
On this 26th January, this republic day is going to be a historic carnival and event for the entire nation and this time it will rejoice with the arrival of great leaders of ten nations globally in India.
He had declared that the arrival of great leaders of ten nations globally will be united this time for the honour and pride for all citizens of the nation, India.
The ASEAN countries include Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei.
Check out the list of ASEAN leaders who are invited by PM Modi to grace the R-day event as chief guests.
- Mohammad Najib Razak: In 2017, Malaysian Prime Minister Razak visited India where he also speaks with the PM Modi. He was on oath into the position on 3 April 2009 to succeed Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. He is the President of the United Malays National Organisation; which is the main party of Malaysia’s ruling Barisan Nasional coalition. The economic and the Business relations between the 2 nations are fairly well.
- Lee Hsien Loong: The Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong also reportedly shares a good rapport with the Indian Prime Minister PM Modi is all said to grace the R-day parade on this Republic Day.
He also advocated for India’s strong role in South China which reflects several times.
- Joko Widodo: Joko Widodo, the President of Indonesia is also amongst the guests who will honour the 26th January, Republic Day festival. Previously, Widodo also arrived and graced India.
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Myanmar’s incumbent State Counsellor, a position akin to a Prime Minister Aung San Suu Kyi will be also gracing the Republic Day occasion.
- Hun Sen: Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen is already invited from India for the Republic Day event which will be taking place at Rajpath. Cambodia shares good terms with China.
- Haji Hassanal Bolkiah: Haji Hassanal Bolkiah the Sultan of Brunei, is going to visit India for the first time who is one of the richest people in the world.
On 5 October 2017, Bolkiah celebrated his Golden Jubilee where he completed the 50th year of his reign on the Throne.
- Nguyễn Xuân Phúc: Nguyễn Xuân Phúc the Vietanam’s Prime Minister is anticipated to visit India and grace the 69th Republic Day parade in New Delhi. In 2016, PM Narendra Modi graced Vietnam anyway.
- Thongloun Sisoulith: Thongloun Sisoulith, the Prime Minister of Laos, is going to attend the R-day parade organized at Rajpath. In 2017 Sisoulith had met PM Modi apart from of the 14th India-ASEAN and 11th East Asia Summit.
- Prayuth Chan-ocha and Rodrigo Duterte: Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha and President Rodrigo Roa Duterte of Philippines will be going to grace the Republic Day event of 2018 anyway.
As per media sources, each of the ten leaders will arrive at Rajpath in separate convoys, the honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi will receive them respectively for the Republic Day event.
In the evening, the leaders are all set hosted by the President’s traditional ‘At Home’ reception.