31 killed, over 100 injured as dust storm wreaks havoc in Rajasthan: Around 31 were killed and more than 100 injured in various parts of Rajasthan when a high-speed dust storm hit the state on the last Wednesday night.
This wreaked havoc took place, in the city, Bharatpur, Alwar and Dholpur districts which left a trail of destruction, deracinate around more than 100 of the trees and electricity poles.
As per the preliminary reports, 12 people died in Bharatpur, four in Alwar, six in Dholpur and one each in Jhunjhunu and Bikaner.
The storm is the reason for massive and major destruction in Alwar where more than 100 trees were uprooted, several trees were fell on stationary vehicles which the snapped electricity cables too.
The power distribution company switched off electricity to in order to stop the further damage in the state.
“More than 1,000 electricity poles were uprooted in the storm, plunging the city in darkness. It will take us at least two days to restore supply,” said Alwar power distribution company executive engineer DP Singh.
In the meantime, in Rajasthan, the honorable chief minister Vasundhara Raje, writes on her official page of the microblogging site, that, she already directed ministers to monitor relief work in the affected districts as well she asked her all officials to restore utilities that can help all victims.
Raje also declares that the disaster and the relief minister Gulab Chand Kataria will monitor relief work in Alwar, social justice and empowerment minister Arun Chaturvedi in Dholpur; health minister Kalicharan Saraf in Bharatpur and mines minister Surendrapal Singh in Jhunjhunu.
The state government also rushed to the State Disaster Relief Force to exaggerated districts and also issued an alert.
On Thursday, the Private schools in Alwar city are closed, as per DM order.
By Thursday morning, electricity supply had been restored in some of the cities, like, Bhiwadi, Tapukda, and Tijara. The power supply was also restored in the Alwar government hospital. An ordered come, which is of the survey for the damaged property, Alwar district collector Rajan Vishal told.
Subir Kumar, the Bharatpur divisional commissioner, stated, about a compensation of Rs 50,000 from the Chief Minister Relief Fund that will be given to the families of the demised.
In the intervening time, All India Congress Committee general secretary and former Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot canceled his birthday celebrations, and write about this deadly storm on his Twitter account: “Very sad to know about 22 people have died and over 100 injured due to dust storms and strong winds in # Rajasthan. We are extremely grieved at the loss of lives in the state and stand with the victims in this hour of tragedy… I cancel all the celebration programs at my residence on today’s occasion. Blood donation camps and Janhit programs can be continued by the organizers.”