Dengue is a viral infection transmitted by the bite of an infected female Aedes mosquito. There are four distinct serotypes of the dengue virus (DEN 1, DEN 2, DEN 3 and DEN 4). Symptoms appear in 3–14 days (average 4–7 days) after the infective bite. Dengue fever is a flu-like illness that affects infants, young children and adults.” Dengue fever is a specific syndrome that tends to affect children under 10 years of age which can cause abdominal pain, bleeding and affect the circulatory system.
Dengue Fever Symptoms
How to Know the Signs and symptoms of Dengue?
Dengue fever symptomps includes A drop in platelet count .It doesn’t spread from person to person. The most common symptoms of Dengue are Sudden high fever, Severe headaches, Fatigue , exhaustion, Severe joint and muscle pains, Nausea, Vomitting and Skin rashes.
Tips To Prevent Dengue Fever & Home Remedies
Doctors can diagnose dengue infection with a blood test. There are no particular medicines or antibiotics to cure the same since it’s caused by a virus but you are advised to rest and drink plenty of fluids. Currently there is no vaccine for dengue.We bring you some of the most effective home remedies as shared by health experts and doctors.
1. Giloy: It is a very important herb in Ayurveda. It helps in maintaining the metabolic rate, strengthening the immune system and protect your body against infections, explains Dr. Gargi Sharma from New Delhi. She recommends that you can boil the stems and serve it as a herbal drink. You can also add few Tulsi leaves in the drink.
2. Papaya Leaves: “It helps in increasing platelet count and it helps in reducing the symptoms of fever like body-ache, chills, feeling low, getting tired easily and nausea,” says Dr. Gargi. You can crush the leaves and consume or drink the juice which helps in flushing out the toxins
3. Golden seal: Its a natural antiviral capacity can essentially cure dengue fever in a matter of days.
4. Turmeric: It is known to boost the metabolism and it helps in making the healing process faster. You can consume turmeric along with milk.
5. Tulsi Leaves and Black Pepper: Dr. Simran Saini from New Delhi suggests to consume a drink made by boiling Tulsi leave and adding about 2grams of black pepper to it. This drink helps in building your immunity and acts as an antibacterial element.
6. Barley Grass: It has the unique ability to significantly increase the body’s blood platelet count by stimulating the production of more blood cells. You can drink barley tea or eat barley grass directly and see a rapid increase in platelet count
7. Water: Drink as much water as possible to keep the body hydrated, which will also help to ease symptoms like headaches and muscle cramps, both of which are exacerbated by dehydration
8. Neem Leaves: It is commonly prescribed for a variety of ailments, and dengue fever is no exception. Drinking the subsequent brew has been shown to increase both blood platelet count and white blood cell count, two of the most dangerous side effects of the virus.
9. Orange Juice: It helps to promote antibodies of the immune system, increase urination and the release of toxins, and stimulates cellular repair due to vitamin C’s crucial role in the creation of collagen.
10. Basil Leaves: It is known to be an important immune-boosting technique, and has long been recommended in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of dengue fever.
Be Safe! Be Happy 🙂