Taliban-e-Kashmir leader Zakir Musa killed in Pulwama encounter, curfew in parts of Kashmir

Taliban-e-Kashmir leader Zakir Musa killed in Pulwama encounter, curfew in parts of Kashmir: Yesterday, at late evening, the Security forces have killed Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind chief Zakir Musa in an encounter in Tral region of Kashmir. In addition to that there was one more militant who was killed in the encounter. As per the sources, the body of Zakir Musa was retrieved today early in the morning at 6 am.


  • Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind chief Zakir Musa was killed in an encounter in Tral region of Kashmir
  • The encounter took place late evening yesterday and Zakir Musa’s body was retrieved at 6 am today
  • Mobile internet across the valley has been snapped and schools have been asked to shut down today

A defence spokesman said that one militant was killed in the operation at Dadsara in Tral area of Pulwama district Thursday night.

“The (slain) terrorist was identified as Zakir Musa after the body was recovered Friday morning. Weapons and war-like stores were recovered from the encounter site,” defence spokesman Rajesh Kalia said, in addition to that the operation has also been called off.

On Thursday, a shootout broke out in the middle of militants and government forces at Dadsara village in Tral area of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district. After which a joint team of army’s 42 RR, SOG as well as CRPF cordoned off to Dadsara village on May 23 at late evening.

As per to the Senior police officials that the security forces had carried out a cordon and search operation at Dadsara village as a result, the terrorists hiding in the area tried to escape due to which a gunfight broke out. In order to catch Zakir Musa who was hiding in a chemist house, the Security forces had to blast the house. For the negotiation to surrender the owner of the house was sent in but Musa declined.

The authorities then have broke down the mobile internet all over the valley and schools have been asked to shut down today on May 24.

The joint team as per to the officer tried to convince the militant commander to surrender. But on the other hand, he fired some UBGL grenades to the security forces which then leads to an encounter.

On Friday, Curfew was carried out in certain parts of Kashmir, just a day after Zakir Musa was killed in an encounter with security forces in Tral.

Educational institutions have been shut down and curfew was executed in places in Kashmir as a preventative measure, resulting the Thursday occurrence, officials said. Not only this but the Internet was also been shutdown, they said.

After the encounter of Zakir Musa, an impulsive protests had broken out in various districts such as Shopian, Pulwama, Awantipora and downtown Srinagar, with people raising slogans in the favour of Musa.

On Thursday, the Jammu and Kashmir Police declared restrictions in a number of areas of Pulwama, Awantipora, Srinagar, Anantnag and Budgam as a safety measure.

As per to the officials, they said that the decision was made keeping in interpretation the Friday prayer gatherings.

Zakir Rashid Bhat, also known as Zakir Musa was the successor of the slain terrorist Burhan Wani and he Musa to form Islamic caliphate in the Valley.