Rail Budget 2016-17: What Suresh Prabhu will Offer Today : The Rail Budget 2016-17 is out and Suresh Prabhu had offered a lot of new and better services for the travellers both for the VIPs as well as for common man. While presenting the Railway Budget he said that Railway will become the engine of economic growth to provide employment and customer services as a part of the economic growth strategy.
So we have brought to you all the important list of announcement by the Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu: What offered to Whom? Let’s take a look.
- No change in passenger fares, says Prabhu.
- E-booking of tickets on concesional passes for journalists introduced.
- 33% reservation to women in reserved quota in railways will be introduced.
- Draft Bill for railway development authority to be drafted soon.
- Ajmer, Amritsar, Gaya, Mathura, Nanded, Varanasi, Nashik, Puri, Tirupati and Nagapattinam etc pilrim station to be beautified.
- Will increase lower birth quota for senior citizens by 50%.
- Cold-storage to be develop in waste lands near wear housing facilities.
- Elevated Suburban train corridors in Mumbai.
- Auto companies to benefit as India’s first rail auto hub will be set up in Chhenai.
- High speed passenger corridor from Ahmedabad to Mumbai.
- New uniforms and training for porter Coolies to be called ‘Shayakas’
- Baby milk and Hot water to be provided in train.
- Railway stalls to cover-the-counter medicine.
- Local cuisine of choice to be made available to the passengers.
- World’s first bioflush toilets was developed by us in Dibrugarh Rajdhani, says Prabhu.
- Will work on three pillars: new revenue,new norms and new structure, says Prabhu.
- Battery operated services for the old and special people.
- Overnight double-decker train Uday Express to be introduced on busy routes, carrying capacity to be 40% more, says Prabhu.
These are the important announcement made by the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. Some have got what they have expected but others may regret over this budget but this how the Rail Budget 2016-17 was presented by Prabhu.