Hyderabad: Fire at Malakpet auto Hero showroom :- A fire engulfed at a Hero showroom under Malakpet police station limits in the early hours of Saturday resulting in the loss of lakhs of property. Reportedly, about 50 bikes that were parked within its premises were damaged. No casualties have been reported so far as no employees were present in the showroom at that time.
Hyderabad: Fire at Malakpet auto showroom
The watchman who was working at the building noticed the fire on the second floor and alerted the police. The police informed the fire tenders who rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
According to the police, the fire broke out around 5 am at Aadi Hero Honda in Appaji Complex on the Malakpet Main Road near Saleem Nagar Colony.
Three fire tenders from Malakpet and Gowliguda fire stations rushed to the spot. The fire personnel brought the blaze under control by 9:30 am.
As per the reports, the fire personnel suspected the fire was due to a short circuit. Around 50 bikes, computers, and other materials were gutted. The fire department official Srinivas Reddy said that they have registered a case and are probing into it.
Reportedly, the showroom is a part of a high-rise building that had ignored fire safety norms. The building had no NOC from DG Fire Services.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that several notices were issued to the building owner Srinivas who is also stated to be the owner of the showroom. Educational institutions too were housed in the same building, which has a height of over 21 meters.
Meanwhile, the Malakpet station fire officer, Amarnath Goud said that that they were assessing the damage, however, the estimated loss is at over Rs 20 lakh as of now.
He further added, “While the showroom is on the ground floor, around 70 to 80 two-wheelers were stored on the first floor, where the incident occurred. We were able to save 15 to 20 vehicles, but remaining were gutted or partially damaged.”