World Population Day Speech Theme Slogans Quotes Images Whatsapp Status 2019:- World Population Day is celebrated on every year on 11th of July to spread the awareness globally for the increasing population. The event was set by the supervisory Council of the United Nations Development Programme in 1989. It was sparked by the public interest in Five Billion Day on July 11, 1987-approx the date on which the world’s population raised to five billion people. It promotes the projects, exhibitions and information to aware about the reality throughout the world. World Population Day intends at broadening people’s awareness on several population matters such as the need for family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights.
Top 10 Highest Populated Countries
China leads at 1st position which indicates that has world’s most population and India ranks on 2nd till date.
World Population Day Quotes 2019
- “In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day”. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- “Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve”. – Jonathan Sacks
- “You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption”. – Noam Chomsky
- “The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man”. – Thomas Malthus
- “A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero”. – Garrett Hardin
- “Every State has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights, as well as from the consequences of humanitarian crises, whether natural or man-made”. – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
- “Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
- “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence”. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The point of population stabilization is to reduce or minimize misery”. – Roger Bengston
- “If we don’t halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity- and will leave a ravaged world”. – Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall
- “When the family is small, whatever little they have they are able to share. There is peace”. – Philip Njuguna
- “Once it was necessary that the people should multiply and be fruitful if the race was to survive. But now to preserve the race it is necessary that people hold back the power of propagation”. – Helen Keller
- “As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother”. – Benazir Bhutto
- “Rapid population growth and technological innovation, combined with our lack of understanding about how the natural systems of which we are a part work, have created a mess”. – David Suzuki
- “But as population became denser, the natural chemical and biological recycling processes became overloaded, calling for a redefinition of property rights”. – Garrett Hardin
- “Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry”. – Norman Borlaug
- “Population growth is straining the Earth’s resources to the breaking point, and educating girls is the single most important factor in stabilizing that. That, plus helping women gain political and economic power and safeguarding their reproductive rights”. – Al Gore
- “The combination of population growth and the growth in consumption is a danger that we are not prepared for and something we will need global co-operation on”. – Maurice Strong
World Population Day 2019 Slogans
“The point of population stabilization is to reduce or minimize misery”.
– Roger Bengston
“If we don’t halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity- and will leave a ravaged world”.
– Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall
“When the family is small, whatever little they have they are able to share. There is peace”.
– Philip Njuguna
“Once it was necessary that the people should multiply and be fruitful if the race was to survive. But now to preserve the race it is necessary that people hold back the power of propagation”.
– Helen Keller
World Population Day 2019 Themes
2015 – “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”.
2014 – “A time to reflect on population trends and related issues” and “Investing in Young People”.
2013 – “Focus is on Adolescent Pregnancy”.
2012 – “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services”.
2011 – “7 Billion Actions”.
2010 – “Be Counted: Say What You Need”.
2009 – “Fight Poverty: Educate Girls”.
2008 – “Plan Your Family, Plan Your Future”.
2007 – “Men at Work”.
2006 – “Being Young is Tough”.
2005 – “Equality Empowers”.
2004 – “ICPD at 10”.
2003 – “1,000,000,000 adolescents”.
2002 – “Poverty, Population and Development”.
2001 – “Population, Environment and Development”.
2000 – “Saving Women’s Lives”.
1999 – “Start the Count-up to the Day of Six Billion”.
1998 – “Approaching the Six Billion”.
1997 – “Adolescent Reproductive Health Care”.
1996 – “Reproductive Health and AIDS”.
World Population Day 2019 Images
Here are some pics of world’s crowdest places that will leave you stunned and speechless:-
One this day we just want to spread a message that awareness is pretty much important else there will be a time when the limited resources like land, water, food and shelter would finish and we would die because of scarcity. Like we need food to eat alike we need awareness to maintain a healthy world.