Kumar Sangakkara Cricket Career Stats Records
World records are bold
- Highest aggregate of runs- Sangakkara (12,400) in 134 matches at an Average of 57.40
- Most double centuries in a career – Sangakkara has 11 double centuries in tests, second only to 12 double centuries by Don Bradman.
- Most number of centuries – Sangakkara has 38 centuries in 131 matches. He is fourth in the list, only behind 51 of Sachin Tendulkar, 45 of Jacques Kallis and 41 of Ricky Ponting.
- Highest average (qualification 5000 runs.) by a Sri Lankan – Sangakkara (57.40)- fifth highest overall after Donald Bradman, Ken Barrington, Wally Hammond and Garfield Sobers.
- Most number of half centuries – Sangakkara has 52 half-centuries in 131 matches. He is seventh in the list.
- Most number of dismissals (includes wicket-keeping) – Sangakkara has taken (197 dismissals) in 131 matches.
- First player to score 150+ scores in four consecutive Test matches.
- Fastest 8,000 runs – Sangakkara (152 innings)
- Fastest 9,000 runs – Sangakkara (172 innings)
- Fastest 11,000 runs – Sangakkara (208 innings)
- Fastest 12,000 runs – Sangakkara (224 innings)
- Highest partnership for any wicket – 624 for the third wicket by Kumara Sangakkara (287) & Mahela Jayawardene (374) against South Africa in 2006.
- Most partnership runs for the 3rd wicket – Kumara Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene (scored 5890 runs )
- Most runs in Year 2014 – 1483 runs in 12 matches with 4 hundreds and 9 fifties with average 71.09
- Highest aggregate of runs – Sangakkara (14,234) in 404 matches at an Average of 41.98. He is second in the list.
- First Sri Lankan to pass 14,000 runs.
- Most number of half centuries – Sangakkara has 93 half-centuries in 404 matches. He is second in the list.
- Most number of dismissals (includes wicket-keeping) – Sangakkara has taken (501 dismissals = 402 ct. + 99 st.) in 404 matches.
- Highest 2nd wicket partnership – 212* by Lahiru Thirimanne & Kumara Sangakkara against England Welington in 2015.
- Most stumpings in career as a wicketkeeper in ODIs – 99 by Kumara Sangakkara.
- Most runs in Year 2014 – 1256 runs in 28 matches with 4 hundreds and 8 fifties with the average 46.51
- Most runs in cricket in all formats of the game in a calendar year – Sangakkara scored 2868 runs in year 2014. (1493 Tests + 1256 ODIs + 119 T20Is)
- First batsman to score four consecutive hundreds – centuries against Bangladesh (105*), England (117*), Australia (104) and Scotland (124) in the 2015 ICC World Cup.
- Most number of dismissals (includes wicket-keeping) – Kumara Sangakkara (54) in 25 matches.
- Fastest century by a Sri Lankan – Sangakkara scored his 23rd ODI century by 70 balls against England on 1 March 2015.
When considering total runs scored in all forms of the game, Sangakkara is second only to Indian Sachin Tendulkar, where Sangakkara scored 28,016 international runs and Tendulkar has scored 34,357 international runs.
Source : Wikipedia