Jammu & Kashmir Cabinet oath-taking ceremony, Key points: The most expected the Cabinet reshuffle took place on the Monday, 30th April, in the state Jammu & Kashmir. Ahead of Monday’s reshuffle, Nirmal Singh has inclined his resignation from the post of J&K deputy chief minister on a Sunday night.
This is paving the way for state assembly speaker Kavinder Gupta in order to assume the position in the PDP-BJP government which was led by Mehboob Mufti.
The state can have a maximum of 25 ministers, which is consists of the chief minister, out of which 14 portfolios are with the PDP and the remaining are somehow with the party BJP.
Around 8 ministers were introducing into the cabinet on Monday, of which 7 people were the new candidate.
Key highlights of the Cabinet reshuffle:
* BJP’s state unit chief Satpal Sharma is sworn in a minister.
* 2 leaders — PDP Pulwama MLA Mohammad Khalil Bandh and BJP Kathua MLA Rajeev Jasrotia take oath as ministers in the J&K government.
* The BJP promoted Sunil Sharma, at present minister of state for transport, to the rank of a cabinet minister. BJP MLA from Doda Shakti Raj in order to take oath as a minister of state.
* The PDP has Mohd Khalil Band, an MLA from Pulwama, and Mohd Ashraf Mir, an MLA from Sonwar, as Cabinet ministers.
* Kavinder Gupta takes oath as deputy chief minister of Jammu & Kashmir.
* Ram Madhav, the BJP’s national general secretary stated that the Cabinet reshuffle has nothing to do with the Kathua incident, in which a child was raped and killed. “Our government has completed three years and we decided to give a chance to new faces,” he said.
* In front of the reshuffle, Kavinder Gupta stated that he would give his priorities to all work in Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh regions. “The party gave me the responsibility to bring in change after three years. I’ll try my best to meet the expectations of people and our priority will be to work for Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh,” Gupta told ANI.
* BJP’s Ram Madhav and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh were also seen in the ceremony. Governor N N Vohra is also taking the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers at the Convention Centre where the function is being held in its place of the Raj Bhavan, in Jammu and Kashmir.
* The 2 BJP ministers — Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga — who took part in a rally which provides its support of those people who are alleged in the rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl in Kathua, had to resign from the government reportedly, in the last month.