Almost a decade has passed to wait for this highly awaited rematch between the champions Juan Francisco Estrada and Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez. Juan Francisco Estrada, the Mexican professional boxer who is the WBC and The Ring super flyweight is all set to lock his hands against Roman Gonzalez, the popular Nicaraguan professional boxer who is also known as “Chocolatito”, having WBA (Super) title among his several achievements.
The two are one of the biggest champions in the boxing history and now they will fight against each other in a rematch on Saturday night in a unification showdown which is scheduled to be taking place at American Airlines Center, Dallas.
It was almost nine years back in November 2012 when Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez defeated Juan Francisco Estrada by unanimous decision. Now, the ring champions are yet again to clash in a highly awaited rematch. This time, the two have much more on the line than their previous encounter. Now, the WBA championship title of Gonzalez and the WBC title of Estrada is on the line in this upcoming super flyweight bout that is going to be held Saturday night in Dallas and will be live on DAZN.
Estrada vs. Chocolatito 2 fight details
The Roman Gonzalez vs. Juan Francisco Estrada 2 fight card is going to be held on March 13, 2021 (Saturday) commencing at 8 PM ET. In the meantime, these two boxing champions are likely to make their way to the ring around 11 PM ET, even though depending on time consumed by the earlier fights before them. The bout will take place at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX and for the live streaming, the viewers can access it through DAZN.
Estrada vs. Gonzalez 2: Fight Card & Result
- Juan Francisco Estrada will be competing against Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez in a rematch, 12 rounds, in a WBA/WBC junior bantamweight title unification
- In order to retain undisputed The Ring women’s welterweight title (WBC/IBF/WBO/WBA), Jessica McCaskill has defeated Cecilia Braekhus through unanimous decision (100-89, 99-90 & 98-91)
- In the junior flyweights, for Kyoguchi’s WBA title, Hiroto Kyoguchi defeated Axel Vega in the 5th round TKO (1:32) for retaining his title.
- Austin Williams competed against Denis Douglin for middleweight competition, in which Austin Williams defeated his opponent through unanimous decision (79-73, 79-73 & 77-75)
- Raymond Ford competed against Aaron Perez for featherweight competition, however, the match ended to a split draw (77-75, 74-78 & 76-76)
Juan Francisco Estrada vs Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez Battle History
Nearly nine years back in November 2012, the 22-year-old Estrada challenged WBA light flyweight champion Román González. For this game, he even moved down from his natural division just for this challenge. This was the first-ever fight of Estrada in which he played outside his native Mexico. For this competition, almost everyone expected to be the tough contender, however, things didn’t go as planned and he lost the challenge against Chocolatito. The challenge was won by Chocolatito in the end through a unanimous decision (112-116, 112–116, 110–118) to the future ranked no. 1 pound-for-pound fighter. Later on, Chocolatito also said that he was interested for a rematch against Estrada after winning the flyweight world title. Now, the most anticipated rematch between these two boxing champions is all set to take place on Saturday, let’s see who will grab the win this time.
Leave a Comment