TNEA 2019 Schedule, Application, Dates, Eligibility, Counselling & Admission: The official notification for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is soon going to be released on April 22, 2019. The registration process for the same is going to start after May 2, 2019. All these important details have been shared by Anna University.
TNEA Application Form 2019
- The TNEA application forms will be available through online mode.
- The online application form will be started from the first week of May 2019.
- The application form filling process will be continued to till the first week of June 2019.
- Candidates have to fill single application form to apply for various courses/colleges/universities.
- The filled-in application form along with enclosures will be send to the address given below:
Anna University uses the Single Window Admissions System for TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) and it is commonly known as Anna University Counselling. The Single Window Admissions System used by Anna University is a process through which students completing 12th Std can apply here and gain admission to Engineering Colleges that are situated within Tamil Nadu, India.
Under TNEA, about more than 1.5 lakhs engineering candidates get inrolled into engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. The counselling for TNEA is going to be for the engineering seats of Anna University, Government or Government Aided Colleges and further seats associated engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.
TNEA 2019 registration begins on May 2
Anna University is basically a state technical university situated in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is located in Guindy, Chennai as well as the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. The university was established on 4 September 1978. It is ranked the tenth institution overall in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework and ranked fourth among universities as well as ranked eighth in engineering. Anna University has been conducting single window counselling for admission to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch degree courses since the year 1997.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu who have passed class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII exams from the state are eligible
- Natives of Tamil Nadu who have passed any of class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII exams from schools situated outside the state of Tamil Nadu are also eligible, but have to submit Nativity Certificate
- Wards of central government employees are also eligible if their parents are employed in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers can also apply.
- Wards of Public Sector employees or those working in Government reecognised Institutions for past five years at the time of application submission are eligible.
Qualifying Exam: The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Refer table below for minimum marks required for reserved categories.
Category-wise minimum marks in Qualifying Exam
Minimum Marks in PCM
Backward Class including
Backward Class Muslim
MBC & DNC
Age Limit: There is no age limit that has been specified, except for admission to marine engineering. Candidates applying to marine engineering must not be older than 25 years as on the last day of application submission.
TNEA 2019 Engineering counselling: Date and time
The university does not permit more than one application per candidate. The recently released official TNEA notification can be found at the official website at tnea.ac.in.
Students are going to be assigned seats on the basis of their HSC marks. Tamil Nadu Directorate of Government Examinations has also announced the 12th results this week.
TNEA 2019: Schedule
As per to Anna University, the TNEA is going to be held on the basis of this schedule:
Issue of notification inviting online registration of applications for admission to B.E./B.Tech: April 22, 2019
Beginning of online registration and filling of applications: May 2, 2019
Last date for Registration of Online Applications: May 31, 2019
Handing over Random Number: June 3, 2019
Certificates confirmation at TFC’s: June 6 – 11, 2019
Rank list Publication: June 17, 2019
Counselling for Differently Abled: June 20, 2019
Counselling for Ex-Servicemen: June 21, 2019
Counselling for sports: June 22, 2019
Beginning of counselling academic: July 3 to 28, 2019
Beginning of counselling vocational: June 25 to 28
Additional counselling in person: July 29, 2019
SCA to SC counselling (In person): July 30, 2019
Conclusion of counselling: July 30, 2019
The counselling for academic courses is going to be done online whereas the counselling for vocational is going to be done in person. Supplementary counselling for both academic as well as vocational will be done in person.