Audible audio book launched at Rs 199 per month: The world’s largest producer of downloadable audio books, ‘Audible’ which is owned by Amazon, has finally made its unveiling in India on 13 November 2018. At its launch, Audible is expected to available on the web, iOS and Android platform. Audible is a seller and producer of verbal or oral audio entertainment, data, and informative software design encoded on the Internet. It provides digital audio books, radio and TV programs, and auditory forms of magazines and newspapers.
Audible finally brings reasonably priced audiobooks to India
As it is launched in India it will be provided with 2, 00,000 global titles of catalogue and 400 Indian standard and modern titles. But presently at its launch it will only have English language content and it will be shortly expected to release regional titles for Indian consumers.
For Indian consumers, Audible is going to present a ‘welcome pack’ of finest listening content. In this ‘welcome pack’ of Audible, you will find short-form as well as long-form audio content with chapters from An Era of Darkness by Shashi Tharoor, A Scandal in Bohemia by Conan Doyle, Business Sutra by Devdutt Patnaik and many more.
Indian Customers are provided with best deals for accessing the Audible, by giving those free trials for a certain time period and there are also special offers for Amazon Prime members. The offers for Indian Consumers are:
- Indian consumers who will sign up for the first time for Audible, will get a free trial for 30-day and will also let them to access a free Audible book of their own choice.
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, then you can access for a 90-day free trial and you can also have free access to three Audible
The payment options are going to be started at Rs 199 per month, subsequent the free trial. There are also different prepaid plans such as, Rs 299 for one month, Rs 1,345 for six months (25 percent discount) and Rs 2,332 for 12 months (35 percent discount). Out of these you can pick for one of the three prepaid plans.
Every month, the member will get one credit through which he can exchange it for one book from the Audible store for free and that book can be read or listened by the user for whole lifetime even after his/her Audible membership stops.
These are some of the titles and programs accessible at the launch are:
- Self-development by Radhakrishnan Pillai, Ashwin Sanghi and Guru Om Swami
- Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore’s greatest works audio performances, including Gitanjali and Kabuliwala
- Ruskin Bond’s autobiography
- Contemporary non-fiction by Rashmi Bansal
- The Last Boy to Fall in Love by Durjoy Datta
- Nutrition and wellness titles by Pooja Makhija and Rujuta Diwekar
- A multi-cast performance of the best-selling Mafia Queens of Mumbai by S Hussain Zaidi and Jane Borges
Donald Katz, CEO and founder of Audible said “Honouring India’s distinctive literary and storytelling tradition and supporting the creation of vibrant local content, Audible.in is a dedicated, authentic and dynamic destination for Indian consumers that puts Indian talent and spoken-word content front and centre.”