Student life, especially when we talk about college can be quite challenging. This is because, on one hand, you have this insurmountable pressure of getting good grades, finishing assignments on time, working on all kinds of projects, etc. and on the other hand, you have to manage your social life as you want to enjoy as much of your college life as possible.
Here is the thing- life as a student doesn’t have to be challenging. There are many things that you can do to make the learning phase of your life more enjoyable and rewarding. These are:
Create a Budget
One of the most common things that will trouble you in college is finance. You won’t realize where your money is being spent and will be cash-strapped for longer than you will like to. If you don’t have a part-time job, then the problem can get even worse. However, you can get on top of the situation and do well even with limited cash by creating a budget.
A budget can help you get your expenses in order. When every single outflow is identified and accounted for, then you can put a stop to those that are unnecessary. Plus, you will know exactly how much you will be able to save each month. However, it will only work if you stick to the budget.
One of the best ways to create a budget is to use any of the top personal budget software apps. For instance, Mvelopes is a personal finance app that helps you to set aside money for different expenses like grocery, clothing, etc. and bar you from using the money for anything else. Similarly, CountAbout is another nifty app that automatically connects with your banks to download your transactions and create detailed records of your expenses and income.
This point, of course, continues the train of thought from the one above. If the allowance provided by your parents isn’t enough, or your expenses are too many, then you can look for ways to make some money. In fact, earning an income is also a good idea to save money for a car or laptop, or to repay student debt. The following are some of the ways you can go about it:
- If you have certain items that are worth something but have no use for you, then you can sell them online or to other students at the campus. Examples include old books, electronic gadgets, furniture, etc.
- You can play online casino games to have fun and earn money at the same time. If you love to have a minor indulgence in gambling, then it’s even better. In case you are looking for options, then you can check out LeoVegas Casino which offers a wide range of casino games, has excellent customer service, and even offers attractive signup bonuses.
- If you have a skill that is of use to someone else such as blogging, website designing, video editing, etc. then you can become a freelancer and apply for interesting projects on platforms like Freelancer. com or Upwork. com. You can get paid handsomely based on your skill level and experience.
Value Your Time
Everyone gets 24 hours in a day. However, some people use this time more productively than others. If you seek a bright career, then you must learn how to manage your time and make the most of it.
There are many ways you can save time to achieve your short-term and long-term. For instance, you can dedicate a certain number of hours in a day to studying (ideally a fixed time). If you are going out with friends, then you can set up a reminder in your phone to alert you after a certain amount of time has passed so that you can come back to your place and focus on more important things such as your homework or a chore.
Take Care of Your Health
An old saying goes like “health is wealth”, and it’s quite true. If you are unhealthy or ill, then you lose money that’ spent on healthcare, and you also lose time which you can otherwise use for studying and doing productive things. So, take measures to keep your health in check. The following are some of the best student health tips that you can follow:
- Avoid eating out at unknown or less-reputed restaurants and eateries
- Eat healthy. Include fruits, milk, nuts, and leafy vegetables in your diet
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption (something that’s common in college students)
- Practice meditation and yoga to get relief from stress and improve concentration on work
- Get 7-8 hours of sound sleep every night
Make YouTube Your Friend
If you think that YouTube is only good for watching funny cat videos and trending music videos, then you will be surprised to know that it can be used to make your life easier too.
There are so many ways YouTube can help you. For starters, there is no dearth of DIYers worth following on the platform who can help you create your own fashion accessories and home décor pieces, etc. There are also proper lectures on various subjects that you can learn from. If you are preparing for a particular project or have to give a presentation on a topic, then you can also watch informative videos on the same to get the desired results.
As you can see, there are all kinds of things that you can do to make your student life easier. Try them all and see what kind of positive changes you can enjoy. Good luck!